TORRE DE LOS TEMPLARIOS DE CARAVACA DE LA CRUZ

 

 

La llamada Torre de los Templarios se encuentra situada en el paraje conocido como las Fuentes del Marqués, a unos dos kilómetros del centro urbano de Caravaca; un lugar muy frecuentado por turistas y caravaqueños que aprecian las bondades de un paisaje con gran riqueza natural, abundante masa arbórea y canales de aguas cristalinas.

A la torre y a su excepcional entorno se accede por una carretera asfaltada que parte de la propia población de Caravaca. Una vez allí, el visitante dispone de amplios aparcamientos, así como diversas dependencias dedicadas a la hostelería donde completar una agradable visita. Además, la entrada al interior de la torre es hoy posible gracias al establecimiento en su interior del Centro de Interpretación de la Naturaleza de las Fuentes del Marqués.

Origen, forma y función

Los orígenes de esta construcción son algo confusos y habría que situarlos en torno a los siglos XVI y XVII, cuando es posible que se construyese la torre actual sobre otra más antigua. Al parecer, su nombre contemporáneo lo recibiría ya por remembranza decimonónica de la encomienda de la Orden del Temple, establecida en Caravaca por la corona de Castilla durante los primeros años transcurridos desde la Reconquista. La obra actual estaría relacionada con una explotación rural, a juicio de Navarro Suárez, de tipo señorial, que aprovecharía los excelentes recursos hídricos del lugar.

Se trata de una obra de planta cuadrangular, de generosas dimensiones, sobre cuya puerta se abre un característico óculo. Sus muros, levantados con sillería bien labrada, y sus grandes vanos, ya denotan el poco –o nulo– carácter bélico de la torre.

La torre de los Templarios está declarada Bien de Interés Cultural por la Disposición Adicional Segunda de la Ley 16/1985, de 25 de junio del Patrimonio Histórico Español.

 

Arquitectura

El edificio se inscribe en una planta cuadrangular, y sus alzados pueden dividirse en tres cuerpos. A la izquierda de la entrada principal existe una pequeña edificación adosada que alberga el hueco de la escalera de la torre. A su exterior, en la fachada principal, se abren cuatro vanos: la puerta, coronada por un óculo, y dos ventanales que marcan los dos pisos superiores.

En su interior, destaca en la planta baja una estancia excavada en la roca, con techo abovedado, que pudo haber tenido diferentes usos (capilla, reflectorio.). Y si bien a la planta primera se accede por una escalera que parte desde la baja, la entrada a la planta superior se efectúa por el exterior, desde el cerro, aprovechando el desnivel de la roca sobre la que se construyó el conjunto del edificio.

 

 Los muros de la torre se levantaron con sólidos sillares de caliza trabada con argamasa de cal, y finalmente la cubierta se realizó a cuatro aguas usando teja árabe.

Germen de la Torre

Existen diferentes hipótesis acerca del origen de la Torre de los Templarios. Es posible que antes de la actual existiese en el lugar algún tipo de fortificación vinculada al control de las fuentes allí existentes, así como a los campos que pudo regar. La construcción de esta torre primigenia pudo haberse realizado durante la segunda mitad del siglo XIII, quizá coincidiendo con el dominio de la Orden del Temple sobre las tierras caravaqueñas en los años inmediatos a la Reconquista, y de ahí heredara su nombre. No obstante, Navarro Suárez advierte que este nombre lo pudo recibir ya durante el siglo XIX.

Usos del edificio

Fuera como fuese, parece claro que la torre actual difícilmente pudo haber tenido un carácter bélico puro, y más bien habría que vincularla a una explotación señorial asentada sobre el lugar, que aprovechara la abundancia de agua. Así pudo surgir –según el autor mencionado– hacia finales del siglo XVI o comienzos del XVII, este edificio tan característico, más tendente al uso residencial, aparente, de algún personaje de la nobleza santiaguista con raíces en Caravaca. Y algunos datos apuntan a que fue, efectivamente, lugar de morada de Don Rodrigo de Moya, alcaide de la fortaleza de Caravaca y uno de los grandes oligarcas de la zona en el siglo XVII. Sin embargo, ya en el siglo XVIII, la propiedad de la torre y su entorno era del Marqués de Uribe.

Vistas desde la Torre de los Templarios.

Fuente:http://www.regmurcia.com

TOWER OF THE TEMPLARS OF CARAVACA DE LA CRUZ

The so-called Torre de los Templars is located in the place known as Fuentes del Marqués, about two kilometres from the town centre of Caravaca; A place very frequented by tourists and caravaqueños who appreciate the benefits of a landscape with great natural richness, abundant arboreal mass and channels of crystalline waters.

The tower and its exceptional surroundings are accessed by a paved road that part of the town of Caravaca itself. Once there, the visitor has ample parking, as well as various units dedicated to the hotel where to complete a pleasant visit. In addition, the entrance to the interior of the tower is today possible thanks to the establishment inside the centre of interpretation of the nature of the fountains of the marquis.

Origin, form and function

The origins of this construction are somewhat confusing and should be placed around the 16th and 17th centuries, when it is possible that the current tower is built on an older one. It seems that his contemporary name would already receive him by Remembrance century of the command of the order of the Temple, established in Caravaca by the crown of Castile during the first years since the reconquest. The current work would be related to a rural exploitation, in the opinion of Navarro Suárez, a state-type, who would take advantage of the excellent water resources of the place.

It is a work of quadrangular plant, of generous dimensions, on whose door a characteristic inoculum is opened. Its walls, raised with well carved ashlar, and its great vains, already denote the little – or null – warlike character of the tower.

The Tower of the Templars is declared well of Cultural interest by the second additional provision of law 16/1985, of 25 of June of the Spanish historical patrimony.

 

Architecture

The building is inscribed in a quadrangular plant, and its elevations can be divided into three bodies. To the left of the main entrance there is a small terraced building that houses the stairwell of the tower. To its exterior, in the main façade, four openings are opened: the door, crowned by a glass, and two windows that mark the two upper floors.

Inside, it stands out in the ground floor a stay dug in the rock, with vaulted ceiling, which may have had different uses (chapel, Reflectorio.). And although the first floor is accessed by a staircase that departs from the ground, the entrance to the upper floor is carried out by the outside, from the hill, taking advantage of the level of the rock on which the whole building was built.

The walls of the tower were erected with solid limestone ashlars locked with lime mortar, and finally the roof was made in four waters using Arabian tile.

 

Tower Germ

There are different hypotheses about the origin of the Tower of the Templars. It is possible that before the present there was in the place some type of fortification linked to the control of the existing sources, as well as to the fields that it could irrigate.The construction of this primordial tower could have been carried out during the second half of the thirteenth century, perhaps coinciding with the dominance of the order of the Temple on the Caravaqueñas lands in the years immediately to the reconquest, and from there it inherited its name. However, Navarro Suárez warns that this name could be received already during the nineteenth century.

 

Uses of the building

Outside as it was, it seems clear that the current tower could hardly have had a pure warlike character, and rather it would have to be linked to a seigniorial exploitation based on the place, which took advantage of the abundance of water. Thus it could arise-according to the author mentioned-towards the end of the XVI century or beginning of the XVII, this building so characteristic, more aimed at the residential use, apparent, of some character of the nobility Santiaguista with roots in Caravaca. And some data point to the fact that it was, indeed, a place of abode of Don Rodrigo de Moya, Warden of the fortress of Caravaca and one of the great oligarchs of the area in the seventeenth century. However, in the eighteenth century, the property of the tower and its surroundings was of the Marquis de Uribe.

 

Views from the tower of the Templars.

Source:http://www.regmurcia.com

 

 

THE HERMIT OR CHURCH OF SANTA ELENA IN CARAVACA DE LA CRUZ

The hermit of Santa Elena is located in a neighborhood of Caravaca located on top of a hill, the Cabezo de la Cruz, and next to the Plaza del Hoyo, now the Wine Horses.

It is a baroque church of the XVIII century, with a single nave, with a high choir at the foot, with three sections and covered by an arched vault with a cruiser. In the cruiser it presents / displays vault vaída.

In the hermitage there is a baroque altarpiece with the image of Our Father Jesus Nazarene. It is an image of dress, of great devotion.

In it takes place the besapié of the first Friday of March, and from here part the procession of Good Friday in the morning.

The image of Santa Elena accompanies the Santísima and Vera Cruz in the processions patronales of the month of May.

Titularity: Diocese of Cartagena

Address: CANALEJAS STREET. Caravaca de la Cruz

Architecture of the temple

Building of the XVIII century, of single nave with cruiser and lateral hornacinas, with high choir to the feet. The main altar is on a grandstand. In the interior we find arches of semicircular, pilasters and vaults of half cannon roped.

The facade is decorated with pilasters, capitals and friezes in ocher color simulating the jasper of the tower; also has a large balcony with wrought iron gate and on its right side a tower of a single body.

In the 1970s, the original mud tile floor was replaced by a modern terrazzo. This unsuccessful intervention was paid for by an industrialist from Caravaca.

Temple Heritage

This hermitage has a baroque altarpiece, the work of Agustín López, from 1707, with the image of Our Father Jesus Nazareno (18th-20th century); image of dress, of great devotion.

We also find modern images of deep popular tradition:

St. Helena, mother of the emperor Constantine, who thanks to her his son embraced the Catholic faith. The carving was donated to the Bando de los caballos del Vino and since 2005 it supplements the previous image that will remain in the Hermitage of Santa Elena in the processions patronales.

 

San Juan Evangelista, titular of the cofradía of the Whites, carving of the Murcia sculptor Jose Sánchez Lozano, of 1947.

 

The Prayer in the Garden, which parades the night of Holy Wednesday. Brotherhood of the Moraos.

Saint Lucia (20th century), image of great popular devotion. Advocate against sight-related diseases. Its celebrations were celebrated in the month of December.Santa Águeda, twentieth century.San José, twentieth century.La Dolorosa, twentieth century.

Painting:

Virgin of the Good milk with San Juanito and the Niño.Lienzo of the Crucified one.

 

History of the temple

There is a tradition that the hermitages of northwestern Murcia were built from the reconquest of Granada in the late fifteenth and early sixteenth centuries. This flourishing of the hermitages continued during the XVII and XVIII centuries with the so-called rural baroque, where the proportions of the buildings increased in their structure, obtaining a greater ornamentation in all the church, with altarpieces, painting to temper, etc. During the nineteenth century there was a stagnation of the construction of hermitages, knowing a new rebirth in the second half of the twentieth century, reaching to this day, with functional and utilitarian buildings.

As has been said, the eighteenth century will be the great century of architectural and decorative changes in terms of covers, wider cruises, domes, etc. It is at this moment when new hermitages appear like the one that concerns us of Santa Elena and the one of Santa Inés, this one attached to a stately cortijo in Caravaca. In the Campo de Moratalla, the one of San Juan Bautista, the one of San Pedro and the one of Sabinar are very similar to owning a portico to the feet, and in the urban helmet the one of Santa Ana. In Calasparra, the Sanctuary of Ntra. of the Hope and the hermitage of the Ecce Homo of unique invocation in the zone.

In the Cup of Bullas the hermitage of the Consolation today very transformed and in the garden of Cehegín the one of the Campillo de los Jiménez, that conserves the majority of its mural decoration.

At the end of the eighteenth century and beginning of the nineteenth century, bell-tower towers emerged, as in the case of the hermitage of Santa Elena.

Most of the liturgical services of the hermitages are very recent because of the destruction they suffered during the Civil War and even today.

Works by important artists

Among the proper names that appear linked to this hermitage is the one of Jose Sánchez Lozano, sculptor Murcia of century XX, follower of the aesthetics of Francisco Salzillo, who dedicated itself in the post-war period to make restoration sculptures so that the churches of the Region recover their Saints destroyed in the contest. For the hermitage of Santa Elena it realizes a sculpture of San Juan Evangelista of 1947.

Also appears the one of Agustín Lopez, who realized baroque altarpiece for the hermitage of Santa Elena, dated 1707. Also we can find an altarpiece of this artist in the church of San José, of the Monastery of Carmelaca Mothers of Caravaca.

Source: www.regiondemurcia.com

 

IGLESIA O ERMITA DE SANTA ELENA EN CARAVACA DE LA CRUZ

 

La ermita de Santa Elena, se encuentra ubicada en un barrio de Caravaca situado en lo alto de una colina, el Cabezo de la Cruz, y junto a la Plaza del Hoyo, en la actualidad de los Caballos del Vino.

Se trata de una iglesia barroca del siglo XVIII, de nave única, con coro alto a los pies, de tres tramos y cubierta por bóveda de arista con crucero. En el crucero presenta bóveda vaída.

En la ermita se conserva un retablo barroco con la imagen de Nuestro Padre Jesús Nazareno. Se trata de una imagen de vestir, de gran devoción.

En ella tiene lugar el besapié del primer viernes de marzo, y desde aquí parte la procesión del Viernes Santo por la mañana.

La imagen de Santa Elena acompaña a la Santísima y Vera Cruz en las procesiones patronales del mes de mayo.

Titularidad: Diocesis de Cartagena

Dirección: CALLE CANALEJAS.Caravaca de la Cruz

 

Arquitectura del templo

Edificio del siglo XVIII, de nave única con crucero y hornacinas laterales, con coro alto a los pies. El altar mayor está sobre un graderío. En el interior encontramos arcos de medio punto, pilastras y bóvedas de medio cañón encamonadas.

La fachada está decorada con pilastras, capiteles y frisos en color ocre simulando el jaspe de la torre; también posee un gran balcón con reja de forja y en su lado derecho una torre de un solo cuerpo.

En los años setenta, se sustituyó el pavimento de losa de barro original, por otro moderno de terrazo. Esta intervención poco acertada fue costeada por un industrial de Caravaca.

 

Patrimonio del templo

Esta ermita posee un retablo barroco, obra de Agustín López, de 1707, con la imagen de Nuestro Padre Jesús Nazareno (siglo XVIII-XX); imagen de vestir, de gran devoción.

También encontramos imágenes modernas de honda tradición popular:

Santa Elena, madre del emperador Constantino, que gracias a ella su hijo abrazó la fe católica. La talla fue donada al Bando de los caballos del Vino y desde el año 2005 suple a la anterior imagen que se quedará en la Ermita de Santa Elena en las procesiones patronales.

 

San Juan Evangelista, titular de la cofradía de los Blancos, talla del escultor murciano José Sánchez Lozano, de 1947.

La Oración en el Huerto, que desfila la noche del Miércoles Santo. Cofradía de los Moraos.

Santa Lucía (siglo XX), imagen de gran devoción popular. Abogada contra enfermedades relacionadas con la vista. Sus fiestas se celebraban en el mes de diciembre.Santa Águeda, siglo XX.San José, siglo XX.La Dolorosa, siglo XX.

Pintura:

Virgen de la Buena leche con San Juanito y el Niño.Lienzo del Crucificado.

 

Historia del templo

Existe la tradición de que las ermitas del noroeste murciano se edificaron a partir de la reconquista de Granada a fines del siglo XV y principios del XVI. Este florecimiento de las ermitas continuó durante los siglos XVII y XVIII con el llamado barroco rural, donde las proporciones de los edificios aumentaron en su estructura, consiguiendo una mayor ornamentación en toda la iglesia, ya fuese con retablos, pintura al temple, etc. Durante el siglo XIX se produjo un estancamiento de la construcción de ermitas, conociendo un nuevo renacer en la segundo mitad del siglo XX, llegando hasta nuestros días, con edificios funcionales y utilitarios.

Como se ha dicho, el siglo XVIII será el gran siglo de los cambios arquitectónicos y decorativos en cuanto a portadas, cruceros más amplios, cúpulas, etc. Es en este momento cuando aparecen nuevas ermitas como la que nos ocupa de Santa Elena y la de Santa Inés, ésta adosada a un cortijo señorial en Caravaca. En el Campo de Moratalla la de San Juan Bautista, la de San Pedro y la del Sabinar son muy semejantes al poseer un pórtico a los pies, y en el casco urbano la de Santa Ana. En Calasparra, el Santuario de Ntra. Sra. de la Esperanza y la ermita del Ecce Homo de advocación única en la zona.

En la Copa de Bullas la ermita de la Consolación hoy muy transformada y en la huerta de Cehegín la del Campillo de los Jiménez, que conserva la mayoría de su decoración mural.

A finales del siglo XVIII y principios del XIX surgieron las torres-campanario, como en el caso de la ermita de Santa Elena.

La mayoría de los ajuares litúrgicos de las ermitas son de época muy reciente debido a las destrucciones que sufrieron durante la Guerra Civil y todavía hoy.

Obras de importantes artistas

Entre los nombres propios que aparecen vinculados a esta ermita se encuentra el de José Sánchez Lozano, escultor murciano del siglo XX, seguidor de la estética de Francisco Salzillo, quien se dedicó en la postguerra a realizar esculturas de reposición para que las iglesias de la Región recuperaran sus Santos destruidos en la contienda. Para la ermita de Santa Elena realiza una escultura de San Juan Evangelista de 1947.

También aparece el de Agustín López, quien realizó retablo barroco para la ermita de Santa Elena, fechado en 1707. También podemos encontrar un retablo de este artista en la iglesia de San José, del Monasterio de Madres Carmelitas de Caravaca.

Fuente: www.regiondemurcia.com

ETNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM IN MINIATURE. ANGEL REINON

 

The miniature ethnographic museum “Ángel Reinon”, located in the heart of the city of Caravaca de la Cruz, presents a detailed tour of a group of traditional trades and human activities in its most lost or very transformed parts. It gathers more than 400 exclusive miniature pieces, of a great formal perfection, made of iron and wood, which compose a unique collection. Through the tooling and tools, the sample moves us in time and makes us recover for a few moments trades that accompany man from its origins, as well as a lexicon already forgotten or restricted to our elders.

Angel Reinon

Ángel Reinon Sánchez was born in Caravaca in 1924, in the bosom of a large family of nine brothers, seven women and two males who inherited the family office. He leaves school at a very young age to devote himself exclusively to blacksmith’s work, with an endless day, because the rest time was spent with his brother to continue doing extra work to increase the low wages. Of great-grandfather, grandfather and father Blacksmiths, he sees with satisfaction how his two sons and a grandson follow the family tradition. We are faced with an excellent artistic and artisanal collection, a singular manifestation of material culture of evident anthropological, ethnological and linguistic interest.

Miniature

Each one of the tools is unique for its beauty and by unrepeatable; entirely handmade and perfected with sandpaper and lime, with surprising detailing. They stand out in the ensemble, for their great perfection and for the number of hours the artist has employed in his creation, the tractor, the forge lathe, the agricultural blades and a truly extraordinary chariot.

This museum presents a real miniature world as each one of the pieces can be used as the ones of natural size, and it should also be noted that many are articulated and move. We could plow, fill the sausages of the slaughter, cook bread and even distill essences. The collection is distributed in nine wall displays and five exempt showcases. We can make a tour of the trades of the traditional and modern farmer, blacksmith, farrier, stonemason, Miller, distiller of Essences, Alpargatero, carpenter and bricklayer, as well as admiring the usefulness of a traditional house and the activity of the slaughter. This work is done by a person who, accustomed from the thirteen years to work tirelessly, since his retirement is dedicated to the realization of these miniatures, without knowing how or why, but with a clear objective: the thoroughness, the perfection and the delight in the work well done.

 

TIMETABLE

Throughout the year.

From Tuesday to Friday: from 10:00 to 14:00

Saturdays: from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 16:00 to 19:00

Sundays: from 10:00 to 14:00

Monday: Closed

RATES

Bookings

You can request your reservation by email to Reservas@caravacajubilar.net or by phone at 968705620.

Address: C/door, nº 3 under Bookings: E-mail: reservas@caravacajubilar.net

Source: http://www.ruralmur.com

MUSEO ETNOGRÁFICO EN MINIATURA. ÁNGEL REINÓN

El Museo Etnográfico en Miniatura “Ángel Reinón”, localizado en pleno centro de la ciudad de Caravaca de la Cruz, presenta un detallado recorrido por un grupo de oficios tradicionales y actividades humanas en sus mayores partes pérdidas o muy transformadas. Reúne más de 400 piezas exclusivas en miniatura, de una gran perfección formal, realizadas en hierro y madera, que componen una colección única. A través de los útiles y herramientas, la muestra nos traslada en el tiempo y nos hace recuperar por unos momentos oficios que acompañan al hombre desde sus orígenes, además de un léxico ya olvidado o restringido a nuestros mayores.

ANGEL REINÓN

Ángel Reinón Sánchez nace en Caravaca en 1924, en el seno de una familia numerosa de nueve hermanos, siete mujeres y dos varones que heredan el oficio familiar. Abandona la escuela a muy corta edad para dedicarse exclusivamente al trabajo de herrero, con una jornada interminable, porque el tiempo de descanso lo dedicaba junto a su hermano a seguir haciendo trabajos extras para incrementar el escaso jornal. De bisabuelo, abuelo y padre herreros, ve con satisfacción cómo sus dos hijos varones y un nieto, siguen la tradición familiar. Nos encontramos ante una excelente colección artística y artesanal, una singular manifestación de cultura material de evidente interés antropológico, etnológico y lingüístico.

MINIATURA

Cada uno de los útiles es único por su belleza y por irrepetible; enteramente están realizados a mano y perfeccionados a base de lija y lima, con un detallismo sorprendente. Destacan en el conjunto, por su gran perfección y por el número de horas que el artista ha empleado en su creación, el tractor, el torno de fragua, las vertederas agrícolas y un carro verdaderamente extraordinario.

Este Museo presenta un mundo real en miniatura ya que cada una de las piezas puede ser utilizada como las de tamaño natural, y además hay que destacar que muchas son articuladas y que se mueven. Podríamos arar, llenar los embutidos de la matanza, cocer pan y hasta destilar esencias. La colección está distribuida en nueve expositores de pared y cinco vitrinas exentas. Podemos realizar un recorrido por los oficios del agricultor tradicional y moderno, herrero, herrador, picapedrero, molinero, destilador de esencias, alpargatero, carpintero y albañil, además de admirar los útiles de una casa tradicional y la actividad de la matanza. Esta obra está realizada por una persona que, acostumbrada desde los trece años a trabajar sin descanso, desde su jubilación se dedica a la realización de estas miniaturas, sin saber cómo ni por qué, pero con un objetivo claro: la minuciosidad, la perfección y el deleite en la obra bien hecha.

 

HORARIO

Durante todo el año.

De Martes a Viernes: De 10:00 a 14:00

Sábados: De 10:00 a 14:00 y de 16:00 a 19:00

Domingos: De 10:00 a 14:00

Lunes: Cerrado

TARIFAS

Reservas

Puede solicitar su reserva mediante correo electrónico a reservas@caravacajubilar.net o por Teléfono en el 968705620.

Dirección: C/ Puentecilla, nº 3 bajo Reservas:e-mail: reservas@caravacajubilar.net

Fuente: http://www.ruralmur.com

“Sueños de Coplas” in Caravaca de la Cruz next Saturday 23 September

 

 

The show ‘ Sueños de Coplas ‘ will end the next 23rd of September, at 21.30 hours, to the cultural programming of summer, developed in the last three months, with more than a hundred acts, between concerts, presentations of books, theatrical performances, Film projections and folklore and flamenco shows.

The Councillor for culture and celebrations, Óscar Martínez, and the mayor of women and social services, María José Soria, reported that the performance ‘ dreams of Couplets ‘ will be held on the Paseo de la Slide and will be made available to all residents of districts transport Free bus, coordinated by the different women’s associations based in the municipality.

‘ Sueños de Coplas ‘ will be run by ‘ sugar, cinnamon and clove ‘, a group formed by the singers Inmaculada Paniagua, Sheila Zamora, Gema Castaño, finalists of the program of Canal Sur ‘ a Tu vera ‘. During the show there will be a complete tour of this musical genre, recalling its most emblematic voices.

 

Source: http://www.regmurcia.com

“Sueños de Copla” en Caravaca de la Cruz el próximo sábado 23 de septiembre

 

 

El espectáculo ‘Sueños de copla’ pondrá fin el próximo 23 de septiembre, a las 21.30 horas, a la programación cultural de verano, desarrollada en los últimos tres meses, con más de un centenar de actos, entre conciertos, presentaciones de libros, actuaciones teatrales, proyecciones de cine y muestras de folklore y flamenco.

El concejal de Cultura y Festejos, Óscar Martínez, y la edil de Mujer y Servicios Sociales, María José Soria, informaron que la actuación ‘Sueños de copla’ se celebrará en el paseo de La Corredera y que se pondrá a disposición de todos los vecinos de pedanías transporte de autobús gratuito, coordinado por las distintas asociaciones de mujeres con sede en el municipio.

‘Sueños de Copla’ correrá a cargo de ‘Azúcar, canela y clavo’, grupo formado por las cantantes Inmaculada Paniagua, Sheila Zamora, Gema Castaño, finalistas del programa de Canal Sur ‘A tu vera’. Durante el espectáculo se realizará un completo recorrido por este género musical, recordando sus voces más emblemáticas.

 

Fuente: http://www.regmurcia.com

CONVENTO E IGLESIA DE SAN JOSÉ DE MADRES CARMELITAS

En el centro histórico de Caravaca, en concreto, en su calle Mayor nos encontramos la iglesia de San José que pertenece al monasterio que recibe el mismo nombre, de monjas carmelitas descalzas, fundado en 1576, en vida de Santa Teresa de Jesús.

Tanto la iglesia como el convento se realizaron en el siglo XVII, aunque el templo terminó de ser decorado en el último tercio del siglo XVIII, después de varias décadas de ser concluido.

Estilo: Barroco.

Periodo: Siglo XVIII.

Dirección: Calle Mayor, 35.Caravaca de la Cruz.

ARQUITECTURA

La iglesia se erigió sobre una primitiva ermita dedicada a San José, en el siglo XVIII. Su ornamentación es de estilo rococó. La fábrica del templo es de mampostería y ladrillo, con portada de sillería del siglo XVIII.

Su estructura interna es de una sola nave de 28,5 metros de longitud por 14 de ancho, cubierta por bóveda vaída, con capillas laterales cubiertas por bóvedas de medio cañón con lunetos. En el crucero, cúpula sobre pechinas decoradas con santos carmelitas y rocallas.

El coro se sitúa a los pies, en dos cuerpos: alto y bajo cerrado por celosías de forja del siglo XVI. Tiene una sola espadaña, con dos campanas, situada en el lado de la Epístola, como previene el Derecho Canónico en las iglesias conventuales.

Según la historia inédita del convento, de la Priora Carmen Teresa, las monjas compraron a los jesuitas el oro con que se decoró la iglesia. Oro que aquéllos pensaban emplear en el ornato de la suya, vecina, cuando recibieron la orden de expulsión, decretada en 1767 por el Rey Carlos III. Nos referimos al laminado de pan de oro que sirvió para realizar la amplia decoración de rocallas utilizada en el retablo y en el paramento interno de los muros.

El Monasterio de San José de Madres Carmelitas Descalzas fue fundado por Santa Teresa de Jesús, en 1576, en la calle Mayor, entonces extramuros de la ciudad. La fundación del edificio queda plenamente explicada y descrita en las propias memorias de la Santa. Según éstas, un día de marzo de 1575, entre los fieles que escuchaban el sermón de un padre jesuita, en la Iglesia de la Compañía, se hallaban cuatro doncellas de noble abolengo. Tras el oficio religioso, y durante un cambio de impresiones, deciden no volver a sus respectivos domicilios hasta tanto no consigan que la Madre Teresa se decidiera a fundar un monasterio de su reformada Orden Carmelita en aquella ciudad.

La Santa recibió las primeras noticias de Caravaca en su primer convento reformado: S. José de Avila. Su primera intención fue la de venir en persona a Caravaca, como acostumbraba a hacer en la mayoría de sus fundaciones. Sin embargo, la inesperada fundación de Sevilla y las noticias que tuvo sobre lo alejado de Caravaca y el mal estado de los caminos que hasta aquí conducían, fue lo que motivó su decisión de enviar a dos colaboradores.

El informe de éstos fue lo que hizo decidir definitivamente a Santa Teresa de Ávila la fundación en Caravaca. La misma Santa comenta que se debe a ellos la fundación de esta ciudad, ya que sin licencia de la Fundadora hicieron las correspondientes escrituras de una posesión en la ya mencionada calle Mayor, junto a una ermita dedicada a San José. Ellos y la viuda Catalina de Otálora, junto a Rodrigo de Moya, padre de una de las doncellas novicias que aportó parte del dinero necesario, son los verdaderos artífices de lo que hoy es un monasterio de cuatrocientos años de antigüedad.

INAGURACIÓN

La fundación no fue fácil, ya que el permiso que el Gobierno del Rey Felipe II había de conceder para tal empresa fue otorgado, sin embargo, en una de las cláusulas se especificaba que el nuevo monasterio estaría sujeto al mandato del Comendador de Caravaca, entonces perteneciente a la Orden de Santiago.

La Santa, conocedora de lo que ello podría reportar en orden a la independencia del convento y a la política del momento, no vio con buenos ojos esta dependencia y volvió a solicitarse de nuevo, en junio de 1575, exigiendo que el monasterio dependiese directamente de la Orden del Carmen.

Al fin el Rey otorgó la licencia, se subsanaron dificultades con el Obispado de Cartagena para poder decir misa en la casa y se envió priora: la madre Ana de San Alberto, inaugurándose oficialmente el monasterio, con la traslación del Santísimo Sacramento, el día 1 de enero de 1576. A partir de este momento comienza a erigirse el actual edificio, primero con la anexión de unas casas que estaban junto al convento, cuya compra autoriza la Santa el 30 de septiembre de 1589,  y después con la de la ermita de San José, anexa a las mismas.

PERSONAJES

Santa Teresa de Jesús: Nace un 28 del mes de marzo de 1.515, en Ávila,  a las cinco y media de la mañana, lugar donde hoy se alza el templo que la venera.

 Toda la obra de Teresa, nació en el seno de Ávila, por ello sus calles y templos son reliquias perennes que tienen estampadas las huellas de sus sandalias.

Fundó en Ávila su primer convento, San José de las Madres, y posteriormente los de Medina, Malagón, Valladolid, Toledo, Pastrana, Salamanca, Alba, Segovia, Beas, Sevilla, Villanueva del Jarama, Palencia, Soria, Caravaca de la Cruz y Burgos en los que restableció la pureza primitiva, la rigidez y la sobriedad de la regla de San Alberto.

El cansancio físico y la enfermedad la detienen un día en Alba de Tormes y allí muere el día 4 de Octubre de 1.582.

Fuente: http://www.regmurcia.com

CONVENT AND CHURCH SAN JOSÉ OF MADRES CARMELITAS

In the historic centre of Caravaca, in particular, in its main street we find the church of San Jose that belongs to the monastery that receives the same name, of Barefoot Carmelite nuns, founded in 1576, in the life of Saint Teresa of Jesus.

Both the church and the convent were made in the 17th century, although the temple was completed in the last third of the eighteenth century, after several decades of completion.

Style: Baroque.

Period: XVIII century.

Address: Calle Mayor, 35. Caravaca de la Cruz.

Architecture

The church was erected on a primitive hermitage dedicated to Saint Joseph, in the eighteenth century. Its ornamentation is of rococo style. The factory of the temple is of masonry and brick, with ashlar cover of the eighteenth century.

Its internal structure is of a single nave of 28.5 meters of length by 14 of width, covered by vault Vaida, with lateral chapels covered by vaults of half cannon with Lunettes. On the transept, dome over pendentives decorated with Carmelite saints and beads.

The choir is located at the feet, in two bodies: High and low closed by sixteenth-century forging lattices. It has a single belfry, with two bells, located on the side of the epistle, as it prevents the canonical right in the Conventual churches.

According to the original history of the convent, of the Prioress Carmen Teresa, the nuns bought the gold with which the church was decorated. Gold that those who thought to employ in the ornament of his neighbor, when they received the order of expulsion, decreed in 1767 by King Charles III. We refer to the laminate of gold bread that served to make the wide decoration of beads used in the altarpiece and the inner wall of the walls.

The monastery of San José of Barefoot Carmelite Mothers was founded by St. Teresa of Jesus, in 1576, on the main street, then outside the city. The foundation of the building is fully explained and described in the Santa’s own memoirs. According to these, one day in March of 1575, among the faithful who listened to the sermon of a Jesuit father, in the Church of the company, were four damsels of noble lineage. After the religious office, and during a change of impressions, they decide not to return to their respective domiciles until they get that the mother Teresa decided to establish a monastery of her reformed Carmelite order in that city.

The Saint received the first news of Caravaca in its first refurbished convent: s. José de Avila. His first intention was to come in person to Caravaca, as he used to do in most of his foundations. However, the unexpected foundation of Seville and the news he had about the distance from Caravaca and the bad state of the roads that led to this place, was what motivated his decision to send two collaborators.

The report of these was what made definitive decision to Santa Teresa de Ávila the foundation in Caravaca. The same saint says that it is due to them the foundation of this city, since without license of the foundress they made the corresponding writings of a possession in the aforementioned street Mayor, next to a hermitage dedicated to San José. They and the widow Catalina de Otálora, together with Rodrigo de Moya, father of one of the novices who contributed some of the necessary money, are the real architects of what is now a four hundred year old monastery.

Inauguration

The foundation was not easy, since the permission that the government of King Felipe II had to grant for such a company was granted, however, in one of the clauses it was specified that the new monastery would be subject to the mandate of the commander of Caravaca. , then belonging to the order of Santiago.

The saint, knowing what this could report in order to the independence of the convent and to the politics of the moment, did not see with good eyes this dependence and again requested again, in June 1575, demanding that the monastery depended directly of the order Del Carmen.

At last the King granted the license, difficulties were corrected with the bishopric of Cartagena to be able to say Mass in the house and was sent priora: The mother Ana of San Alberto, officially inaugurated the monastery, with the translation of the Blessed Sacrament, the Day 1 of January of 1576. From this moment on, the present building began to be erected, first with the annexation of houses that were next to the convent, whose purchase authorizes the Holy One on September 30, 1589, and then with that of the hermitage of San José, annexed to them.

 

Characters

 Santa Teresa de Jesús: Born on March 28, 1,515, in Avila, at five thirty in the morning, place where today stands the temple that venerates it.

The whole work of Teresa, born in the bosom of Avila, therefore its streets and temples are perennial relics that have stamped the traces of their sandals.

He founded in Avila his first convent, San José de las Madres, and later those of Medina, Malagón, Valladolid, Toledo, Pastrana, Salamanca, Alba, Segovia, Beas, Sevilla, Villanueva del Jarama, Palencia, Soria, Caravaca de la Cruz and Burgos where he restored the Primitive purity, stiffness, and sobriety of the San Alberto rule.

Physical fatigue and illness stop one day in Alba de Tormes and there dies on October 4, 1,582.

Source: http://www.regmurcia.com